The 10 Pillars of Maturity
The 10 Pillars are the foundation for the Maturity Institute’s framework. When combined they present a complete picture of organizational maturity where human capital is fully integrated into a whole system underpinned by a societal value motive.
- Value motive – profit or societal? – Does your organization aim to maximize profit or value? Does it understand how they can be mutually inclusive?
- Human capital – the organization’s view of its human resource – Do you view people as a cost or as valuable human capital producing significant returns?
- Whole system – level of integration between strategic plans and organization design – Is your organization designed to operate as a whole system?
- Learning organisation – incorporating knowledge management – Does your organization understand and possess the key components of a true learning organization?
- People Risk management – Do you regularly carry out a complete People Risk Assessment?
- Integration – business/people strategy – Is HR strategy informing rather than merely supporting your business strategy?
- Improvement philosophy – quality system – Do you have a philosophy of never-ending improvement and, if so, do you have a complete, people improvement system to make it happen?
- Trust, Engagement & Cooperation – Would you describe your organization as one characterized by trust, engagement and complete cooperation?
- Performance system – Does your performance management system recognize the difference between performance, profit and value?
- Communication – open & transparent – Is communication in your organization open and totally transparent?
©Maturity Institute 2013