The 10 Pillars of Organizational Maturity
The 10 Pillars
The 10 Pillars are the foundation for the Maturity Institute’s framework forming ten integrated principles that explain how people connected with the organization link to value creation and risk. When combined they present a complete picture of organizational maturity where human governance and human capital management is fully integrated into a whole system underpinned by a societal value motive.
- Value motive – profit or societal? – Does your organization aim to maximize profit or value? Does it understand how they can be mutually inclusive?
- Human capital – the organization’s view of its human resource – Do you view people as a cost or as valuable human capital producing significant returns?
- Whole system – level of integration between strategic plans and organization design – Is your organization designed to operate as a whole system?
- Learning organisation – incorporating knowledge management – Does your organization understand and possess the key components of a true learning organization?
- People Risk management – Do you regularly carry out a complete People Risk Assessment?
- Integration – business/people strategy – Is HR strategy informing rather than merely supporting your business strategy?
- Improvement philosophy – quality system – Do you have a philosophy of never-ending improvement and, if so, do you have a complete, people improvement system to make it happen?
- Trust, Engagement & Cooperation – Would you describe your organization as one characterized by trust, engagement and complete cooperation?
- Performance system – Does your performance management system recognize the difference between performance, profit and value?
- Communication – open & transparent – Is communication in your organization open and totally transparent?
©Maturity Institute 2013